ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND CREATIVITY: THE FINE LINK BETWEEN CREATIVE MIND AND BUSINESS MINDIn today’s world, due to globalization and excessive industrialization, products are manufactured and exported to international markets. As a result, everything is much easier to access. Leaving the consumers with an ingress to different kinds of products in various type and quality. This leave business minds with questions such as What do I do in a market flooded with these many products? How to manufacture and supply a product in markets where consumers already have their trusted preferences with so many options thrown at them? How to make my product to stand out of the rest? A creative mind answers all those questions. It takes the ‘science’ aspect about how to bring the artistic creativity to life. Therefore, creativity bridges the gap between the entrepreneur ideas and cashflow.
HOW CRUCIAL IS CREATIVITY TO BUSINESS SUCCESS?
6 WAYS CREATIVITY UPLIFT BUSINESS SUCCESS:1. Improve existing business practices. A brand might be very established and popular among the consumers, but there is always something that can be done differently from them and in a better way. Creativity can come up with the most unthinkable ideas and bring innovation into existing practices. 2. Ditches the traditional norms and think of something new and innovative. Creativity is simply the ability to imagine. In business terms, imagination alone is what is known as “thinking outside the box”. Using imagination, an entrepreneur can do the unexpected. 3. Gives the competitive edge that all business strives to achieve. Creativity improves the process of problem solving. It doesn’t matter if you are developing a new strategy or an innovative way to stay ahead of the competition. Creativity gives you the notch to excel better. 4. Increase the productivity of the organization. With creative minds, employees too can think outside of the box which allows them to explore new areas for innovative ideas such as cost effective business plans and solutions. 5.Set companies apart from one another. Without creativity and innovation, every company would follow the same patterns in marketing/promotion, technique, or even the goods and services they may be selling. 6. Avails from success without neglecting failure. If you’re forever aiming for success because in business failure is not an option, then you’ll be reticent to step out of your bubble. Whereas, creativity in many way up break the barrier and gives you the courage to take risk. 7. Fix an issue by propagating multiple possibilities. Every problem has a solution, but with a creative mind one problem has millions solutions. Creativity helps you to look at all sides of the issues, and come up with solutions that might be completely new and interesting.
WHY CREATIVITY MATTERS FOR ENTREPRENEURS SUCCESS?
5 REASONS WHY CREATIVITY IS IMPORTANT TO BUSINESS:1) Provide the knowledge to business success. Most businesses still value intelligence over creativity. However, intelligence is subjective, while creativity is putting ingenious thoughts in action. For example, a person considered intelligent in New York City could die in the Amazon jungle if he or she does not have the knowledge needed to survive in that environment. 2) Combines convergent and divergent thinking that leads to breakthroughs. Convergent thinking is highly analytical and focuses on one solution, whereas divergent thinking generates creative ideas by exploring many possible solutions. Creativity makes one more rigorous, but not rigid hence brings extreme accuracy and precision in the work efforts. 3) Lay down new neural networks that train the mind in developing news skills. Creativity teaches new skills which can be turn into a hobby to train the mind in developing creative problem-solving skills. Truth is everyone has creative potential, it just needs to be stimulated by constant learning and developing curiosity. 4) Allows you to view a problem from a new perspective. Creative problem-solvers are often able to connect two distinct areas of expertise and can translate potential solutions from one field to an unrelated area. 5) Gives you the ability to visualize then implement an idea to practice. Entrepreneur businesses are often driven by the vision of founders who believe they can solve a problem in a smarter, better, more efficient way than anyone else currently on the market. Turning vision into mission is the driving force of creativity.
HOW TO HARNESS CREATIVITY INTO A POWERFUL ENTREPRENEURIAL FORCE?
8 TIPS TO ENHANCE YOUR CREATIVE JUICE FLOW AT WORK:
- Regular brainstorming session- This helps in compiling every idea starting with the most absurd ones. Choosing a successful idea requires enough viable ideas on the table in the first place. So, churn out every possible alternative that you have in mind.
- Encourage and reward creative ideas- Make conscious efforts to encourage the employees to think creatively. For example, Give certificates, vacations, awards or another motivational strategy to inspire yourself and your team.
- Get enough sleep- Rest is a crucial part of the creative process so make sure to sleep well and keep your phone away while sleeping, because it is an extremely unhealthy habit to get into.
- Travel- Travel broadens the mind and exposes you to new and unfamiliar situations. You get to learn and experience new things which enhance problem solving skills and the ability to think creatively on your feet.
- Draw your strategy- That’s right, draw your strategy. Don’t write it. Visual allows your mind to think differently, which is a great way to shake up creativity.Visual thinking is also one of the best way to solve problems and crack new ideas.
- Be vulnerable and open up to new things- If you’re really committed to improving your creative mind you need to get out of comfort zone. Take a class that you would never think of taking like charcoal drawing or tap dancing! You might feel ridiculous at first,but that’s a good thing. Having that vulnerability will remind you that you don’t have all of the answers and need to be open.
- Experiment and learn- Keep playing around news ideas as that the first step to success. Then, regardless of the outcome, learn from the experience and the third step is implementation of what they have learned.
- Never be afraid to lose– Creative minds are less likely to shy away for failure is always keen to experiment in new ventures. Always believe in the power of creativity and that creative ideas will only help their enterprise.